Referees' reports: volume 25, peer reviews of scientific papers submitted to the Royal Society for publication
Reference number: RR/25
Containing referee's reports arranged alphabetically by the lead author of the paper submitted to the Royal Society for review in 1918-1919.
Notable referees and authors include Thomas Ralph Merton, Geoffrey Ingram Taylor and Augustus Desiré Waller.
When report is on a standard sheet (A), the questions are:
1. Whether the paper should or should not be published in the "Philosophical Transactions"
2. Whether, in the former case, it should be published in full or in part only, the part so to be published being indicated
3. Whether any modifications are necessary or desirable, and, if so, of what nature
4. Which illustrations (if any) accompanying the paper should be reproduced
When report is on a standard sheet (C), the questions are:
1. Should the paper be published in the "Proceedings"?
2. If published, should it be printed as it stands, or with modifications?
3. Should all the illustrations be published?
4. If not published, should it be read before the Society?
When report is on a standardised form (D), the questions are:
1. Whether or not the paper should be read before the Society
2. Whether the paper should or should not be published by the Society
3. Whether, in the former case, it should be published in the 'Philosophical Transactions' or 'Proceedings'
4. Whether it should be published in full or only in part or whether any material modifications are necessary
5. Which illustrations, if any, accompanying the paper should be reproduced
- Reference number
- Earliest possible date
- Physical description
- Loose paper in folders
- Page extent
- One box comprising 59 reports
Use this record
Export this record
Referees' reports: volume 25, peer reviews of scientific papers submitted to the Royal Society for publication, 1918-1919, RR/25, The Royal Society Archives, London, https://makingscience.royalsociety.org/items/rr_25/referees-reports-volume-25-peer-reviews-of-scientific-papers-submitted-to-the-royal-society-for-publication, accessed on 30 November 2023
Link to this record
Embed this record
<iframe src="https://makingscience.royalsociety.org/embed/items/rr_25/referees-reports-volume-25-peer-reviews-of-scientific-papers-submitted-to-the-royal-society-for-publication" title="Referees' reports: volume 25, peer reviews of scientific papers submitted to the Royal Society for publication" allow="fullscreen" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="500px"></iframe>
This item is part of:
Explore the collection
This collection contains reports on scientific papers submitted for publication to the Royal Society. Started in 1832 when the system was formalised, it is a record of the origins of peer review publishing in practice.View collection